Password

Album Review

Frameworks, Every Day is the Same Album Cover

Frameworks, Every Day is the Same

Reviewed by
Frameworks - Every Day is the Same
Record Label: Independent
Release Date: October 8, 2011
Recently there has been a lot of attention given to heavy bands playing types of melodic, emotional heavy music. All those “The Wave” bands have been doing great, letlive. is getting on some sweet tours, and the Ghost Inside might be the next break out band playing any type of cored music. It is a good time to be in a band playing hardcore with personal lyrics and a “different” sound, which means there are about to be a lot of bands doing it, and that is awesome. And with only a five song EP lasting just over twenty minutes, Florida’s Frameworks is already one of my favorites.

Their debut EP, Every Day is the Same is a series of highs and lows, intense slower moments with chill guitar mixed with outburts of chaos highlighted by exasperated screams. When I first heard them I was reminded of the vocalist in Pianos Become the Teeth, only more full and clear. The vocals are relatively understandable, and usually sound as if he is trying to be as loud as possible without running out of breath, perfectly matching the intense highs of the music.

One of the strong points of this release are the lyrics, all of which are posted on their bandcamp page. With themes about divorce, losing belief in love, and regret, this record is able to give a glimpse into the world of someone trying to understand himself. “The only thing that you deserve is a mirror with a hand to hold. A perfect reflection of your perception of God and love,” “Love is dead and its never coming back,” and “I have a knack for slipping through the cracks in the floor. Just as soon as my problems won't face themselves anymore,” are just a few of the highlights from my perspective.

Musically show a great deal of variability for only five songs. From the frantic opener “Tile Floors” that goes through an array of tempos, the more subdued, “Ceilings”, and the riff heavy “Rosebuds”, Frameworks shows that there is a lot they’re capable of doing while finding their sound. Cannot stress how excellent the guitar work is here, dudes can go from sonic landscapes to intensely heavy parts flawlessly. It is impressive thinking about how young these guys are and how good they have already gotten. With more releases, or a long one at least, I can see these guys getting a lot of well-deserved attention from fans of intense heavy music.

Recommended If You LikeCaravels, Pianos Become the Teeth, The Bled, Post-Hardcore stuff in general, Parliament-Funkadelic

BandCamp with name your price download and all their lyrics
Facebook
Twitter

Props to Von Wolfe for talking about them all the time and getting me into it.
This review is a user submitted review from incognitojones. You can see all of incognitojones's submitted reviews here.

Displaying posts 1 - 7 of 7
08:49 PM on 02/21/12
circletheworld
Old Fears New Frontiers
User Info.
1. the "wave" bands you mentioned are not wave bands
2. this is basically a "Rise Records" version of this genre
3. Its really decent at best and gets boring fast
10:45 AM on 02/28/12
Kyleeee
Twang
User Info.
1. the "wave" bands you mentioned are not wave bands
2. this is basically a "Rise Records" version of this genre
3. Its really decent at best and gets boring fast
A Rise Records version of the genre...?

If Rise Records was only composed of it's PMToday and Tides of Man type bands then yea, but I fail to see what this band has in common with any of the "Rise-core" bands like OMAM and Attack Attack.
12:13 PM on 02/28/12
circletheworld
Old Fears New Frontiers
User Info.
A Rise Records version of the genre...?

If Rise Records was only composed of it's PMToday and Tides of Man type bands then yea, but I fail to see what this band has in common with any of the "Rise-core" bands like OMAM and Attack Attack.
rise records version meaning that it is a watered down copy of other post hardcore bands...

this is by no means a bad album... it just isn't worth a 9.25
09:21 PM on 02/28/12
Kyleeee
Twang
User Info.
rise records version meaning that it is a watered down copy of other post hardcore bands...

this is by no means a bad album... it just isn't worth a 9.25
Who is it a copy of though? and why is it watered down?
10:14 PM on 02/28/12
circletheworld
Old Fears New Frontiers
User Info.
Who is it a copy of though? and why is it watered down?
they are pretty much the generic parts of defeater mixed with Oceana sounding riffs. Its also their mentality as a band. I got the impression they were a band just to "make it". i mean i guess that was bound to happen.
04:33 PM on 02/29/12
tinydinkle
User Info.
tinydinkle really loves this album. tiny dinkle really feels where the vocalist is coming from and tinydinkle feels his emotion. tinydinkle listens to this album a lot

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos